1) Who keeps the full size hi resolution images and copyrights?
Our clients receive the full size, high res images and copyright with all packages at no additional charge.
2) Why do some wedding photographers only give limited size images and copyrights?
Some photographers keep the full size images to extract more dollars and profit out of the Bride and Groom and to take control out of the Bride and Groom’s hands.
3) How do I know who will be the wedding photographer for my wedding day?
All Instant Memories Photographers are profiled online in our portfolios section and can be requested for your wedding. Once a retainer is received at our office, the wedding photographer is then assigned and secured for your wedding date.
4) How many wedding photographers come with your packages?
We provide one wedding photographer with every package. An additional candid photographer is available for a fee, ranging from $350 – $700. The candid wedding photographer utilizes a high-resolution digital camera with unlimited exposures transferred to your USB Stick for presentation. All digital images can be printed at a professional lab or even at home using photographic paper.
5) What about charges for travel, hotel or car rental?
Please email us for a specific quote for your location.
6) How many hours of photography coverage will I receive on my wedding day?
We do not charge by the hour; we shoot by the package, which allows unrestricted movement from one location to another without additional charges.
7) When will I receive my wedding proofs and negatives?
Local weddings will be ready for pickup at our office 8-12 weeks after the wedding during non-peak season. 12-16 weeks during peak season. Out of town/out of country weddings will be shipped within the same time period after the wedding.
8) Is it possible to have a combination of both colour and black/white photography for my wedding?
We do convert a select few to black and white while making our selections. We can process all your primary photographer digital wedding photos in truest black and white for $250.
9) I am having a late wedding ceremony … is it possible to arrange the photo shoot prior to my ceremony?
Since we do not charge by the hour, we encourage couples to take as many photos as possible during the mid-afternoon, prior to the wedding ceremony … allowing for more photography time with family and friends later.
10) Are the wedding proofs marked, stamped or do they have the copyright logo on the wedding photos?
No – all proofs are presented to the Bride and Groom free of any markings or copyright stamps – your wedding photos will be clear and pristine.
11) My parents are divorced and we will need another wedding album or two OR I want to give a wedding album to my Grandmother or Godmother, is that possible?
We can make multiple copies of your included 10 page wedding album at $299.99 plus GST each.
12) What style of wedding photographs do your photographers take?
Instant Memories Wedding Photography has staff that are qualified to take Candid, Photojournalistic and Traditional wedding photography styles dependent on weather, wedding party size, first or second marriage, and cooperation level with Bride and Groom. The artistic style of each photographer can be viewed in their individual portfolio.
13) How long should I plan for the post wedding pictures, aka “formals”?
Between 1.5 – 3 hours allows the wedding photographer to achieve their goals … a plan that works for most wedding parties.
14) I have a very large wedding party and family photo requirements … can we purchase extra wedding photos to accommodate this? Yes, we can print in 4x6, 5x7, 8x10 and 8x12. We also have a list of canvas sizes available upon request.
15) Should I make a list of my desired photos for the wedding photographer?
Instant Memories Wedding Photography requests a list of photos of family combinations and desired Bride and Groom shots to insure all wedding photos are to be taken. In the past, some clients have cut out photos from magazines to insure the wedding photographer had an illustration of the desired shot on the day of the wedding.
16) When will I know the name of the wedding photographer for my date?
Instant Memories Wedding Photography will contact you when we receive your retainer / deposit and assign your desired wedding photographer at that time.
17) When do we pay the final balance?
Instant Memories Wedding Photography is proud to accept final payment on wedding date at the conclusion of the afternoon or evening.
18) Does your company have any online wedding albums for clients to view?
We do have password protected client galleries at the top of the homepage. Viewers can share the photos directly to social media as well as make comments. Extended family can purchase images directly from the gallery as well.
19) Do you offer any discounts for Fridays, Sundays or Non Saturday weddings for your wedding photography packages?
Instant Memories Wedding Photography is pleased to offer a $ 200 discount for all non Saturday as well as November – March clients.
20) Do your wedding packages include wedding albums?
We do include a 10 page wedding album that is handmade in Italy with our Gold and Platinum Packages. The couple is able to choose a cover. We will then design the wedding album with our favourite images that best sum up the day within the page limit. We choose the images as to allow us to include this incredibly high quality album at no additional cost in our package. Additional album copies can be purchased after the album has been delivered starting at $299.99 plus GST each.